Saturday, September 7, 2013

Summer Recap Part II

And now for the main event of our trip to Mexico: Jorge and Brenda's wedding!

We arrived in Cuernavaca on Thursday.

I absolutely love this shot of Elisa with her Aba and Tia Aba Lizie.  Also, these ladies are gorgeous.  Remind me to look like them (and my gorgeous mom pictured below) when I grow up.

Papa Mike and Grandma C.  Enjoying some downtime while shopping in the artisan market in downtown before the main events.  Hernan Cortes' vacation home is pictured in the background.  

My lovely mama.

This playhouse provided hours of fun for Elisa, and was conveniently placed right next to the hotel's breakfast buffet.  These people were really thinking.  Hours of fun for Elisa resulted in leisure sips of coffee for the grown-ups, and eating breakfast while it was actually hot.  Those are the little luxuries I do not take for granted!

Case in point:  delicious hot coffee!

Elisa and her Abu

Other diversions included this giraffe statue with a wonderful and funny springy neck.

Hey, it's a family photo! (Note that Elisa is wearing a bathing suit, not to be confused with a swimsuit - this kid does not like water...yet!)  

Why, hello there handsome!

The very next day was the big event!  Here is Lizie getting her hair done at Ground Zero of hair and makeup at the Camino Real.  I snuck in a hair appointment at the hotel salon and was done in record time, phew!

The gorgeous bride tying up loose ends.

The handsome groom keeping his cool.

Gorgeous Lizie

Once at the wedding venue, I reunited with Diego and E, who had spent the morning keeping themselves entertained.

The happy couple at the end of the civil wedding.

The bride greeting guests following the civil wedding.

The lovely Silvas

Is there a more glamorous bunch out there?

Friends of the bride and groom

More wedding pictures to come... 

No comments:

Post a Comment