Sunday, February 19, 2012

Great weekend

We had such a great weekend, I hate to see it end!  Yesterday was Elisa's 2 month check-up with the pediatrician.  I was dreading this visit as I was anxious to see her get her first vaccines.  While I realize she won't remember any pain from this event, I wasn't ready to see her immediate distress.  She ended up falling asleep at the appointment, so that when it was time for her shots, she was rudely awakened by a needle poke in each thigh.  She seemed more irritated she was woken up than any pain incurred, and once I picked her up, she fell back asleep within seconds.  Was it really this easy?  I realize it can and most likely will get more difficult to have such doctor visits when she is older, but I appreciate the easier visits at a younger age for now.  She's definitely growing, and is currently weighing in at 12 lbs, 3 oz. and measuring 23.5 inches long!

Saturday evening we ventured out to a nice dinner at Shango with the little lady.  We made it through appetizers, salads, and halfway through our entrees before she started stirring.  At this age, I think the buzz of the restaurant soothes her, so that was in our favor!  We were graced with a content baby through dessert and coffee.  It was definitely the best dinner out we have had since probably before she was born!

Lately Elisa has been becoming more and more interactive and smiley, so spending time with her is that much more fun.  She always seems to be looking around and very intrigued by her surroundings.  More specifically, she loves being at gatherings and parties and looking around at all the people.  Today we celebrated our dear friend Tiffany's baby shower.  Elisa was lucky enough to be included and loved the company of so many lovely ladies.






All dressed up for Tiffany's shower (beautiful hand-knit sweater from Great Aunt Lizie in Mexico)

Excited about the knit strawberry cap from Grandma Crawford (complete with worm!) for Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment