Lovely fall day at Emery Park
We just love our coat (thanks to sweet Brenda), but we had to show off our new dress!
The happy couple(s)!
Now, I am not a seamstress, but I like to make an effort to be crafty. Like most projects, I tend to think sewing something will be quick! This is mostly because I don't tend to think beyond my limits (which means no patterns, pleats, darts, or even changing the bobbin thread...which is why almost everything repaired or stitched these days gets done in a lovely shade of lime green!). This week, I tried to get a little more familiar with the beautiful sewing machine Diego gave me for my birthday a few years go, so I learned the appliqué stitch. This involved changing the presser foot, the tension, and the stitch width! I got all caught up in those details, that when I started sewing, I completely forgot to put down said presser foot, and the result was a big, tangled mess of lime green thread. All I wanted to do was add a fleece belly to a black turtleneck for Elisa's panda bear costume. I wanted to create a Halloween costume around the adorable panda tuque from dear friend Jenna. Why an appliqué stitch, you ask? Well, it just looks so cute on patched garments from Pottery Barn Kids and easy, and my machine could do the stitch! So, two nights later, we have one appliquéd fleece panda belly, complete with stuffing. If you look closely enough, you can probably see the green thread:) Now, Elisa never asked me to go through the trouble of doing something so simple as giving her a round panda belly, but can you blame me for trying? This kid was made to be a panda!
Happy panda
Pensive panda
Almost walking panda
Before heading to yet another East Aurora social event (we probably just need to move there), we stopped at the Lasher household for some playtime with our buddy Colden. He showed off his new skills in the Bumbo!
Mom in the picture:) (inspired by a great article passed along to me about getting on the other side of the lens, as a mom, regardless of whether or not you feel put together!)
Fall fun at the Mayers... this was prior to the hayride, but she loves riding in all types of vehicles! More pictures to come...(hoping to get some from Elliott's mom, Emily!)
I love these pictures!! I just posted more pictures of Elisa and Elliott on our blog. They are so cute together!! http://dorenfamily.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-dragon-and-panda.html
ReplyDelete