Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bsghetti Time

Some nights I have a pretty good idea what we are eating for dinner just because cooking is a passion of mine.  I will sometimes spend the last half hour before I head to bed prepping the next night's meal.  Other nights, I like the challenge of figuring out what we have going on and make a meal out of it, even when I think we surely need to head to the store.   

Just after Halloween we had one of those nights.  I resorted to some noodles we had in the cabinet, and made up a vegetable-packed meat sauce.  (Healthy eating is another passion, and one I have had to be more diligent about since Elisa started swiping food off our plates.)  I realized Elisa had never had her first experience with pasta (or "bsghetti" as I liked to call it when I was a wee one), so we put some on her highchair tray and waited to see what transpired.   Elisa doesn't get a lot of meals, but when she is in the mood, she seems to really enjoy herself.  Within the first few moments after her first bite, I realized that this was a moment I needed to capture on the camera...

Um, that was quite delicious, may I have some more?
 Ooh, did you put garlic and basil in this?


Look, Mom, no hands! 

(and then she realized that putting her palm flat to her face and slurping, she had the best chance of getting it all in her mouth at once!)

There is just a tiny bit left on this finger I need to get...
Was there something on my face? (Thanks Colden for the bib!)

1 comment:

  1. E bear!!! Say what?! You're Mommy gives you garlic AND basil?!? I'm still getting the white stuff out the bottle.. I'm so envious. Eat it up, girlfriend. Oh and I have a matching bib, let's wear them together sometime :) love, C dawg

    ReplyDelete