Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blueberries for El

When I was pregnant with Elisa, I went out and picked blueberries.  That just isn't true... what I'm remembering is going out to pick strawberries, but I am pretty sure I did that the summer before I got pregnant.  In writing this post, I just had to pause and think about how I got huge quart-sized bags of local blueberries in my freezer.  Enter Williamsville Farmers Market.  There we go, memory!  I bought a flat of the best blueberries I have ever had over the summer and froze them.  Elisa has been eating them up, and while for whatever reason, until this very moment, I keep imagining that she is eating the blueberries we picked together.

I will have to pick up that book for her Blueberries for Sal.  I have fond memories of reading it with one of my best childhood friends, Annie.  I never had a copy of it, but I loved reading it at her house!  (That, and The Jolly Little Postman!)  Definitely two great books I will have to add to our library.




1 comment:

  1. YAY for all those anti-oxidants, Elisa!!! And we too, LOVE The Jolly Little Postman. One of my all time favorite books, ever!

    ReplyDelete