E has a new favorite game. Much to the chagrin of her dada, it involves Luna's dog food. There was a time not too long ago, that Elisa would experiment with eating Luna's food. Luna has this quirky little trait of picking up the first bite of breakfast or dinner, and carrying it to the study to save for the last bite. Sometimes she proceeds to eat the rest of her food, sometimes she waits. Either way, the two or three little croquetas that hang out in the study usually are there a good 15 minutes... long enough for Elisa to find them and pop one in her mouth. I never encouraged this, but thought it definitely wasn't the worst thing she could put in her mouth. Diego, on the other hand, was less than thrilled and would try to discourage it as much as possible. Pick your battles, I say. He thought I was a bit crazy to not be too upset to see her tasting something meant for dogs. She would crawl around with a suspicious look on her face, and a slightly larger than normal cheek pouch. I just had to gently squeeze those adorable cheeks, and she would spit it right out. Well, now E has advanced to a more appropriate use for the food. She now likes to pick up the pieces, lay them out in front of Luna, and then put them back into her dish one by one. I have to say, I'm more okay with this game. Another favorite activity that involves picking up is the kitchen cabinet just at her level that holds the vinegars, oils, and salt. That will be a post to come...
Here, Mama... you want to try?
They really aren't that bad!

I definitely ate some dog kibble as a wee one . . . and came out relatively normal. Maybe?? Our pediatrician told my mom not to worry unless I started barking!
ReplyDelete