Friday, February 1, 2013

In front of the lens Part I

I received an awesome camera from Diego for my birthday just before Elisa arrived.  We knew we would want to take lots and lots of photos in the coming years, so the timing was great.  Because it's "my" camera, I find myself taking most of the pictures.  But come time to upload (which is only step 1 of the laundry list of steps to actually get them framed...don't get me started), I find myself missing from the action.  These are the moments we are capturing of our little lady's early years, and at the risk of sounding completely narcissistic, they only tell part of the story... and I want to be a part of it.

My good friend Tiffany recently tipped me on a blog she found on Pinterest.  It speaks to this same issue of which I speak.  The blog is by another mom who kindly provides a checklist of photos for moms to take with their kids.  I'm not sure how many of them I can check off in this post, but Diego obliged and snapped a few shots of Elisa and me tonight.  While it wasn't an idyllic setting, or rife with premeditated coordinating wardrobe, the images are real and that should be rule number one of my quest to try to get more images of us together...




 We now get smooches upon asking for kisses.
 One of her favorite toys is the large checkerboard mat and checkers I got as a Christmas gift from my Grandma Crawford many years ago.
 These checkers provide endless hours of stacking, noise-making, toss in the air fun.




5 comments:

  1. You are both so adorable! What fun pictures... and what a fun way to document your life together. I guess my resolution of stepping away from technology may be abandoned at the thought of copying this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I think you can definitely strike a balance between having fun and documenting it. I used to think we weren't living unless we were taking pictures to show how much fun we were having (that is kind of how the blog got its name... and has been exclaimed many an occasion when we're supposed to be enjoying ourselves, but are stressing too much about forcing the fun!). Now I am more laid back. Keep up your baby book... that will be priceless:)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea . . . and great pictures of you two! What is the blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! Here is the blog:

      http://www.simpleasthatblog.com/2012/04/embrace-camera-free-photo-checklist.html

      Delete