Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Babies loving babies

E is almost 15 months old, but don't her she's still a baby.  According to E, anyone smaller than her is a baby - in this case, her sweet Madame Alexander doll, and Elisa is the mama.  My mom gifted two of these precious dolls for the dual baptism of Elisa and her cousin Annelise.  She is continuing a tradition that my sweet Grandma Ellies started for my sister and me.  Both girls loved these dolls, and the love Elisa has for hers continues to grow.  E gives hugs and kisses to her dolly, and then gives me the opportunity to do the same, by offering her up and pointing to me.  She loves swaying with the baby, and I have noticed her patting the baby's back from time to time while she hugs her.  Kids!  The stuff they learn is just mind-blowing!  Of course, I have to give some accolades to Mother Nature here as well, considering Elisa's motherly instincts are reminiscent of all the love I had for my very own Madame Alexander doll.  To this day, my very loved and worn dolly still has an orange juice stained mouth from the time I tried to share my breakfast with her.  Perhaps this doll will one day show similar signs of love from her "mama."
 Ugs for dolly!

 Just a babe and her dolly.
 Patting in action.  It looks a lot more violent than it is.

 Dolly, why do your eyes open and close like that?  I want to poke them and investigate...
 Where'd dolly go?
 I chucked her!  (maniacal baby laugh)
There, there, dolly.  You're okay, right?
 Lunie hugs are the best.  This might be one of my new favorite pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment