Friday, March 22, 2013

Ladies who lunch

Elisa recently had a playdate with friends Sam and Allie.  Plans originated as a dinner we wanted to host for our friends (and their parents) Jaime and Andrew.  Life with kids makes life busy.  And this dinner was probably on deck in our schedules for almost a year.  Decked out in 1920s attire one Saturday night back in Feburary, we got out our phones and decided to make it happen!  We chose a Saturday we all had free in March and 4 PM was suggested so we could all enjoy ourselves and the kids wouldn't be falling asleep at the table.  Making plans with kids definitely makes things exciting.

Elisa loved having Sam and Allie over.  Despite not being able to fool young, sweet Sam that my cauliflower-crusted pizza (meant to appeal to gluten-free diners) was synonymous with the doughy, foldable pie she has likely come to know and love, I would say the afternoon was a success!

So, I was going to show you my belly, but I guess I'll have to do it later once I figure out this layering my mom did.

 Allie looks a little worried here...
 Hey, can I poke your eye?

 This picture makes me smile and I imagine a similar pose might take place in about 15 years.
 Someone is really enjoying herself.  I think Sam would like more room.
These two look like they are up to no good...

No comments:

Post a Comment